System Center Configuration Manager is a systems management tool by Microsoft that layers on top of the functionality provided by Active Directory to supply a number of features:
- Software Deployment – Push and Pull
- Power Management
- Inventory – Hardware, Software, and Metering
- Patching – Microsoft updates, Third-party vendors, and in-house
- Mobile Device Management of Windows Phones
- Integration with AD – authentication, authorization, and client targeting
- Fully Functional API
SCCM and SQL Servers are maintained by OIT.
Feature implementation falls under the auspices of the AD Policy Committee.
SCCM Client licenses cover all university-owned machines.
The SCCM Service teams can be contacted using the following Google Groups:
- Core Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Team – email@example.com
- Imaging Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patching Team – email@example.com
If you need to submit a ServiceNow ticket for issues with SCCM you can email the following:
- Core Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Team – email@example.com
- Imaging Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patching Team – email@example.com
- SCCM Service Teams
- SCCM Support Plan
- SCCM Core Services
- SCCM Application Packaging Services
- SCCM Imaging Services
- NCSU SCCM 2007 Permission Model
- SCCM 2012 Migration
- SCCM 101 Class – 7/28/2011 – Slides
- SCCM 101 Class – 8/5/2011 – Slides
- SCCM 201: Application Deployment Class – 10/6/2011 – Slides
- SCCM 202: Operating System Deployment Class – 3/9/2012 – Slides
- SCCM: A Simple MSI Example
- Distribution Points will use BITS instead of SMB for data transfer.
- Support of off-campus clients is a requirement.
- Management Points will be using NLB for redundancy.
- Collections will be created following the same delegated OU structure as AD with the “Limit to Collection” setting.
- SCCM Agent will be installed on all clients in AD. Exceptions will have to be approved by OIT S&C. The install of the agent will either be via a signed powershell script, task in WDS imaging, or via WSUS.
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2
- SCCM Training Videos
- SCCM Right Click Tools
- SCCM Powershell Module
- Set User Security Rights for a Class of Configuration Manager Objects
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Software Development Kit (SDK) v4.0
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard
- Configuration Manager 2007 SuperFlows
- Configuration Manager Site Capacity Planning
- Casper Suite SCCM Integration – Purchased! Implementation pending.
- PowerShell Scripts for System Center
- How to configure RPC dynamic port allocation to work with firewalls