Integrating Boot Drivers With DISM
To integrate a boot driver using the DISM tool, follow this procedure:
- Locate, download, and extract the driver to a known location.
- Follow the instructions to [[../Mounting WIMs with DISM|mount the WIM image]]
- Use the following syntaxes appropriate to the situation:
- If only one driver is to be added, execute: “dism /image:<mountDir> /add-driver /driver:<pathToDriver.INF>”
- If multiple drivers are to be added, ensure that they are all located in the same directory and issue: “dism /image:<mountDir> /add-driver /driver:<driversDir>”
- If multiple drivers are to be added but they are in a subdirectory structure (e.g., c:\drivers with subfolders c:\drivers\net and c:\drivers\sata), issue: “dism /image:<mountDir> /add-driver /driver:<driversDir> /recurse” to add all drivers in the stated directory and all subdirectories.
A production example of a driver operation: “dism /image:..\..\wimMount /add-driver /driver:\\wolftech.ad.ncsu.edu\deployment\staging\drivers\network\VBoxPCNet”
You can also list all of the drivers in a particular image: “dism /image:<mountDir> /get-drivers”